Old 07-26-2017, 10:02 PM
AU MD FLYER
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Default Open house

Originally Posted by Braniff DC8 View Post
I'm sorry but I have to!

READING IS FUNDAMENTAL

On the Swift Forum, and Pan Ams site on Facebook, the open house Swift HAD, was advertised. Dates, times and place, were all there.

Pan Am has a lot of these. Join there site on the FB. Everts is coming next week I believe. If you're seriously looking for a job the WWW has so much info. The Orange site is great as is this site but you must read all the forums if you want to gauge how the trends are going.

The regionals and charter carriers will be most affected. It's actually good because the terms and conditions are improving-FINALLY. This does not mean use your own price tool to make deals individually. Some are trying this and it's failing. Don't be greedy, it will bite you.

Pick a place you'd be happy at for a career so if you're major of choice never calls, you'd be ok. A lot chase airlines around thinking they'll get to a major quicker. It's not the way it works. Stability, and well rounded resume is what gets noticed. Become a volunteer fireman, if you can. That speaks well of an individual. The military is favored not just because of their training but of the sacrifices they made.

Times have never been better. There are lots of choices and now with home or gateway basings. I never thought that would happen. It really is a biggie. I will never commute again because I don't have to.

So again, pick a place you'd enjoy being comfortable at and join as many sites, forums etc, as you can to get educated.

Apologies, I went off on a bit of a tangent there. I've taken my meds and I'm much better now.

So Braniff, besides yourself, how many pilots would you guess attended this Pan Am open house? Were most pilots from the regional carriers trying to escape from the so-called "regional hell"?

Other than Swift and Elite, what other airlines were there accepting resumes and speaking with pilots? What airline(s) had new terms and conditions that impressed you as recent developments?

What questions did you get answered from Swift... growth, airplanes, pay, schedule, benefits, etc.?

Thanks, AU