View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 09:14 PM
Burton78
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2012
Position: 737 CA
Default Noise Canceling Headsets

Originally Posted by e6bpilot View Post
It was the A10. I know the 20 is a bit lighter. I agree that it is a quality piece of gear and Bose customer support is amazing. If I were to get another one, I would definitely buy from them.
I had my A10 refurbished and I swear it was a new one that they sent me. They offered a loaner in the meantime. Great quality, great people.
My headaches started with the old style D.C. Headset and I was hoping the Bose would cure it. It was marginally better, but I still couldn't quite get rid of it. It doesn't help that my head is a melon on a toothpick.

Ha. Yeah. I guess I have a bit of a pin head as I've never had a problem with A20s. Despite my somewhat narrow skull, the old school David Clarks, even with the "comfort kit" still felt like my head was in a vice after a few hours . Some people seem to like the new DC pro X's though. To the OP's question, Headsets are so highly subjective, no-one can really pick for you. Just dive in and see which one suits you the best. The most common that I've seen on the line, along with the company issued Telex, are the Bose A20s, DC Pro X (both have the Bluetooth feature) and a handful of Clarity Aloft.