Thread: Commutair
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 05:47 PM
ERJ135
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: CR7 Capt

Originally Posted by beeker View Post
What would you like to know? You will only go to the Dash-8. Plattsburgh closes at the end of Oct. Upgrade is a little higher then 2 years. We do have some 2 and 1/2 year fo's but once they upgrade it will drop to about a 1 and 1/2. Upgrades will be coming once they can figure out the staffing and we get back to a single fleet airline. Since the summer our attrition is higher then our hiring. As an example, for oct it was calculated that if EVERY beech captain worked EVERY day of the bid we still have 20ish work days uncovered. That was before 4 beech captains gave their notices last week and one more is rumored to have a job offer, so that could be another one shortly. Dash captain are also just slightly thin and one gave their notice last week. I have had no complaints since I've been here. The comment about risking your life on the deathtraps was completely incorrect. Unless you don't know how to fly. You might want to look into that ghilis101.

The Burgh is closing, wow. My old home. HAHE. That was some good times up there. Is Big Sky going to start flying out of there? Glad to see its going fairly well.