View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 10:33 AM
VASBYT
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016
Position: Right Side
Default Suck it up man!

Originally Posted by Javichu View Post
Haha. Dera is right, FARs don't list that requirement and it's the most important one, patience.
You could get hired the very same day you get 500h or it could take a year.
Pack your stuff and start knocking doors everywhere, which is sth I didn't do and would've helped a lot.
It took me a year to get hired pretty much, although I said no to a couple of jobs to be honest, but pay was ridiculous. I'm close to 700h now with 150h of multi and going up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Javichu,

I have been reading a lot of posts on here and I noticed a lot of yours posts. You have what seems to be a nice job flying the islands, but you seem to want to fly somewhere else?

I have noticed on some of your previous posts below:

06-06 "510h right now but I got my IR a year ago, so I was really rusty. He's really really nice yeah."

06-14 "I tried many times with Grant but not a word. You fly 50-60h a month with Air Flamenco, you'll fly more than that but hey.... Beaches and flip-flops all year round compensate"

08-11 "Here you fly 60-70 in high season so not bad at all. Is it a nice job overall? "

08-13 "I'm close to 700h now with 150h of multi and going up."

So in two months, you have gone from having no job @ 510 TT to almost 700 with 150 ME. Seems like you arrived at your current job mid June?

I am assuming you went through Indoc training, IOE, and a check ride, especially since 135 VFR requires a check-ride, and you managed to build 150 "PIC" time in BN2. So you averaged 75 hours Jun-July and 75 Jul-now? Explain how that works and why you are so eager to find a job somewhere else when most 135's average less than 50 hours a month, if that? Most low time pilots would do anything to be in your position, and yet you cannot suck it up for less than a year with Flamingo?

Clearly Air Flemenco are cutting some corners with regards to training if that is the case. Based on your timeline, you were literally thrown into a BN2 off the bat? I am sure their 135 OpSpec would require some training? I fly 135 and had to do 1 week Indoc, 1 week systems, and 2-3 weeks of IOE. I logged a whopping 15 hours during my first month. On top of that, since you are flying in the Caribbean, I imagine you would had to complete some type of survival training? That's a lot to cover, and to have logged that much time in two months.....hmmmm.

Just saying, man! If this is all legit, suck it up man! You are blessed to be a position to fly that much. The pay may be crappy, but for those hours, deal with it. You will be @ 1200 or 1500 within a year!