View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 10:32 AM
Piloto Noche
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Default why the urgency?

Thanks for posting that. He's not in my LEC so I won't be voting for him but I like what he has to say.
He brings up a good point regarding communication and the perceived urgency on things lately.

I remember one of the top selling points of changing our position on age 60 was, "Our representatives in Congress won't talk to us about ANYTHING until we change our position on age 60." So, what have they been talking to us about since we changed our position? I'm sure we've really got their ears now. Yea right, high power martini luncheons and afternoons lounging on the banks of the Potomac with Nancy P. and Ted K. discussing all of ALPA's important issues of the day. Give me a break.

And the LOA votes? We had to get that done right now! We needed to get it out fast so we could get that big bid out. We were also reminded every day that we could change our votes because the propaganda machine hadn't the time to sway our weak, uninformed opinions.

So, I wish Vic the best. I'll be campaigning for him.

Oh, and anyone who wishes to post the "get over it" reply, I'll do it for you.
"Get over it. The majority has spoken. If you don't like it, why don't you run for Union office?" blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.