Thread: DAL Class drops
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 06:41 AM
velosnow
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2010

Originally Posted by Jkurtfly View Post
Im curious, I am planning to be in the December class, which I assume there is only one for that month. My question is, with the Cseries starting next spring, when would they start training for it? Also do they do a lot of training for the 7ER category over the winter months? My SSN is low so I don't think I'll have much choice in where I go. Hoping for ATL MD88 or 717 for the faster movement, but would love to get to DTW in the future. If I got DTW 717 that would be great too.
The C-Series is supposed to be on the next AE (bid) which should be around September or October. So there could be a chance it will be offered to new hires though I'd suspect they'll get enough of the initial slots in the AE. But who knows, it will partially depend on ultimately where they decide to put it. Recent new hires on seat lock will also be able to bid it so that might take some potential early new hire class slots.

Is the wait that backlogged now that you'd have a December class or is it an availability thing? Congrats on coming aboard!