View Single Post
Old 08-27-2017, 08:19 AM
LearDude
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2016
Position: F/O Lear 35 & 60

Originally Posted by lipsalmon View Post
I was recently hired into the UPS CMO to be the Dispatch ASI. I start October 30th. Just wondering what to expect over the first year and completing all my OJT items and OKC visits. Was also told when I interviewed in DEN that I would have a chance to negotiate my pay and other onboard perks like potentially relocation costs. But it looks like they are just saying I am starting as GS 12 step 1. Not sure if there was supposed to be an opportunity that I missed to negotiate something better?? I know the Dispatch ASI's are very few overall but is there anyone on here that knows anything specific about it? Or maybe know someone I can contact? I am very excited to get started and see all the various things I'll work with and be assigned... Is GS-13 a realistic expectation after 1-2 yrs? And further along, how bout GS 14 options?
Not sure how it works on the CMO dispatch side of things but on the GA ops side the only time you can make the jump from a 12 to 13 is by gaining Complexity and I've been also told that it's a big no no to talk raises and relocation during your first year since it's a probationary period. Could be different in your department tho idk.