View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 10:43 PM
Jonneaux
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2014
Position: ERJ 175 Captain

Originally Posted by N19906 View Post
You may have missed something. As I read it, the union has filed suit in order to force AAG to give them the information detailing exactly what is being done with these "deferrals", not to force AAG to bring them onto the property. They are being evasive, when they have no right to be.
(Filing a lawsuit is the only language corporate legal understands.)

The agreement was made between the union and the company, and the company seems to have decided to stonewall the union. Not acceptable.

There needs to be some open discussions between the two groups, that will be when they can discuss the fate of the jets vs. what the employees gave up for the "promise" of getting them. That's the breach of the CBA.

As an aside, I used to think the idea of a flow-through was a pipe dream. I don't think it is any longer. I understand that over the past year AS HR has moved into PDX and has taken over making the hiring decisions for QX.
If they pick them in the first place, I don't see why they would resist allowing them to flow to the mother ship. I doubt this would happen very soon, but I'd say the odds are better than 50/50 now.
I may have missed something, there is obviously more to this than any of us are privy to. My take is that it is nothing more than a delay to give Horizon time to catch up on hiring. The information you seek may shed some light on what they are doing or maybe they don't even have a concrete plan and are just reacting to the current situation.

Whatever the case, something needs to happen quickly. I hear your hiring numbers are way up with the new TA and bonuses. Twenty last month I hear. If they all make it through training and you only lose 15 pilots to attrition that's a net gain of only 5. It will take more than that to get out of the hole even with no new airplanes. Flow? They better announce it soon, like this week. It does look like AAG wants to make it work with the new VP of Flight Ops, but I haven't heard of any solution from you guys other than flow.