View Single Post
Old 09-04-2017, 03:25 PM
flyguy81
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006

Originally Posted by Proximity View Post
Agreed on that point.

The second thing we lack most in compared to a legacy is reserve rules. Reserve basically sucks on many fronts. There is no long call, so you must be able to make checkin within 2 hours if they call you. There is no trip ownership, the company may assign you something, and then later assign you something different. At other airlines you have the protections of a line holder once you accept a reserve assignment. Also, there is no way to drop or trade reserve days, you're pretty much stuck with what you get awarded. Lastly, the company has been slowly increasing the percentage of reserve lines. The good news is that on reserve you generally make good money, due to the changes made in the last contract. However, you will work for it.

There is no push from SWAPA to improve reserve currently that I've seen.
I'd say that's mostly right. We have trip ownership now against other pilots which is more than we had before the CBA was signed. Any company has the ability to change rsv assignments if something works better logistically....it's called a reassignment or reroute. You can change rsv days also if you find someone willing to swap...just can't change with open time (which would be nice). I'm betting a couple other tweaks to rsv will happen with CBA 2020. I'd bid RSV if we could move days a little.