View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 07:35 AM
Tenacvols
More Cowbell!!!

Joined APC: Nov 2011
Position: Spreading the LUV from the "Write" seat!!!

Originally Posted by WhipWhitaker View Post
Dude, I'm here, I'm with you, I want a new contract. But you (older guys) need a serious reality check. We are NEVER running out of applicants, EVER. So I sure hope there is another plan.
This plus 1000....

As a former Atlas pilot who used Atlas to wait out my current employer, I'd much rather fly a 747 around the world then fly an RJ. I will say that I came to Atlas hoping to stay for the long haul, but after 9 months I thought it best to move on and was fortunate enough to have an opportunity with a great company who values their employees. I'd say about 2/3 of the captains that I've flown with here at SWA have said they'd love to have flown the 747. Going to be hard to stop guys from coming over to get a once in a lifetime opportunity to fly the whale while they wait for their dream job.

Just an observation from a former 5Y guy. I hope you guys get the contract that you deserve and are worth. It sounds like you can start to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully that light isn't a runaway locomotive....

Good Luck, I'm pulling for you guys!!!