Old 09-08-2017, 05:49 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by JTwift View Post
I learned that I apparently suck at interviewing since I've now not been hired at two majors.

People say that prior-military is guaranteed job at a major, but...well, no. I know a few others who haven't gotten hired, too. Maybe it's just a crapshoot on that particular day, I don't know, but it isn't like we are just walking on to the big leagues with no effort involved.

I will say, though, that I really have learned a lot so far at my regional.
I certainly hope you've done some interview prep since then. Probably need some one-on-one prep given the track record.

The group prep seminars are good at helping you understand the process and pitfalls and making tactical preparations, but actually executing on that is up to you, you might benefit from coaching on your delivery.

Going in cold, you could very easily step on a land mine.

Also need to consider the composition interview team, may be non-mil pilots and the HR ladies likely have a very different outlook on life than a military professional. Too many unpolished military edges and they might think you're a baby-killer type.

Good news...they're gonna need you within a couple years regardless. I thing the only think that would be a permanent blackball would be lying or significant background issues.