View Single Post
Old 09-16-2017, 05:02 PM
ChrisPilot1
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2017
Default Air Wisconsin or Republic ?

All,

I have been offered positions at both Republic and Air Wisconsin and was looking for some input. Sorry to create a new thread here, but this is an important decision and I wanted to hear feedback before making my choice.

Pro's - Financially, Air Wisconsin seems to be the front runner here. The bonuses clearly outweigh RJET with their compensation package. I will also be a commuter and Chicago would be ideal for me which I would easily get with Air Wisconsin. Not being for months on reserve is also a bonus. I could take Columbus but New York would be tough.

Con's - Smaller company? RJET just felt more like a real company to me, they also took great care of us during the interview process. Air Wisconsin pretty much emailed me and said your on your ow n see you at the interview, although I appreciated the Gift card they mailed. Impressed with Republics training facility. I dint get to see Air Wisconsin's facility. The ERJ is also a big pull factor for me. But then again I don't want to take a job just to fly a shiny jet. Republic seems to have a better route network as well, longer flight times versus 4-5 a day short legs on the 200. I'm not lazy by any means , young in my 20's and will work for anything, but I'd like to have a job that I actually enjoy and don't dread going to.

Question - How long is upgrade time at Wisconsin? For a guy entering now. They told us 18-24 months, but I don't trust HR.
How long is reserve time on average?

I realize a lot of these questions cannot be answered because everything is up in the air, but i'm just torn between the two and wanted some feedback. Any Air Wisconsin guys that went to RJET or Vice versa?

Chris