TalkTurkey
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2014
Position: 6 Train - Panhandler

Originally Posted by Bar Harbor View Post
This is the most ridiculous thing I've read today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Originally Posted by flyhigh254 View Post
No, you are missing the point. My post was in response to someone posting a link telling us to contact Congress to tell them not to lower the hours requirement. I do think there were several measures put in place as part of the same legislation, I think they should stay in place, and nowhere does it say that Congress trying to roll back those changes.

In response to your post, I absolutely agree that training is paramount, and that's what the statistics show. I would argue that a pilot with 250 hours who graduated from an AABI accredited school is a better pilot than someone with 1500 hours who went through a part 61 course at their home field and has now been teaching that course or flying for fun to build hours. Why? because I think it's not about hours, it's about quality of training.

To answer someone else's post, I wasn't a part 141 instructor, and I got my ATP before all of these changes came about.
I agree. This poster has one of the dumbest opinions I've ever read about during the span of my life. Perhaps his view brings light to the fact that virtually every airline mishap which has resulted in death was faulted to the errors of crews with between 15-25 years of profession...oh wait, no it doesn't.