View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 08:30 AM
BeatNavy
Covfefe

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Originally Posted by zulu99 View Post
I filled out an app to jb when I started at my regional and finally just now got on. My concerns are the lack of corporate direction and the operational whoas I have been hearing about and seeing first hand lately. What is the management doing at JB? The strategy/goals are blurry at best.

I have no doubt the pilot group will achieve a decent contract sooner than later. That's not really my apprehension.
If you have enough TPIC, a new type will help, but that opportunity cost is big with the pay cut you'll have on first year JB pay. That said, a career at JetBlue is better than a career at your regional. I came here with no 121 captain time hoping I'd stay here, but I wish I'd stayed and got 121 captain time so I'd have more options. I have enough time left that I'd be better off at a legacy in the long term if jetblue stays on its current trajectory of slowing growth and operationally questionable decisions. Hopefully things change for the better over the next 30 years. I like this place and want it to be good. Ymmv.