View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 04:46 PM
N1sync
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2016
Position: jets
Default Upgrade/contract ‘hypothetical’

Let’s say ‘hypothetically’ that someone upgrades to IND from the Md-80, that someone happens to have failed MD-80 upgrade less than a year ago and subject to the contract went back to the right seat of the MD-80. Shouldn’t that ‘hypothetical’ person have started a new 2-year lock to the -80 as soon as they showed up to upgrade Training last year and not be allowed an airbus upgrade yet pursuant to 12.G.1 of the CBA?

A Pilot who Bids and is awarded a Position requiring a change in equipment or an Upgrade in Status, will be “locked-in” that equipment for a period of twenty-four (24) months. The twenty-four (24) month period will begin at the date on which the Pilot commences Training in his new equipment. Being “locked-in” to equipment does not preclude a Pilot’s Upgrading or changing domiciles in that same equipment.

If I were the ‘hypothetical’ pilot who was ‘hypothetically’ blocked from upgrading to IND because of this ‘hypothetical’ SNAFU, then I might go speak to flight ops about getting it corrected.

Also, if I were a ‘hypothetical’ passenger on the ‘hypothetically’ failed pilots ‘hypothetical’ flight I might consider other means of travel.

If you want to know more about this ‘hypothetical’ tragedy, you could probably ask someone from the airline formerly known as pinnacle.