View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 10:34 AM
kingsnake2
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2012

Originally Posted by splash333 View Post
I am interested in going through flight training. There is a flight school close by to me, they have (3) cessna 150 for 75/hour and (2) cessna 152 for 80/hour and I think an instructor is 25/hour. I am trying to save enough money to go straight though from 0-cfi. I want to do it in the fastest cheapest way possible. I think that would mean saving enough money to go start to finish so I can do it fulltime. What do you think the total amount of money would be and what is the fastest I could complete this if I am doing it fulltime?Currently I have a four year degree but there aren't any jobs I can get with it. I have a job I hate unrelated to my degree and dont make much money. I am living at home so can save most of what I earn. I hope to save enough in 2-3 years. Or I could take out a loan and start now. I am also considering buying a cheap cessna 150 for training but not sure if that would save me any money.
Those are really low rates by market standard. Typically I'd say $50-70,000 for 0-CFII just depending on where you live, fleet used, etc.