View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 08:27 AM
kingsnake2
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2012

Originally Posted by Pedro4President View Post
So if you are looking at flight schools in ADS airport I might suggest Monarch. Never flew with them but I had a few friends and students that did. They all had really good things to say about it. I know several of the DPEs in the area and they have said when it comes to American Flyers, ATP, and Monarch that Monarch puts out the best candidates.

Avoid US aviation academy at all cost. Same with skymates in Arlington. USAA may have some solid pilots but their equipment is terrible! I talked to a guy going through the program on my way to employee parking lot from DFW. He was working at Envoy on the ground side and flying at USAA and he said that half their 152s are down at the moment for maintenance. He said the hardest thing to do is get a working airplane because the Chinese students always had them booked up.
Sorry your friend had a poor experience. Tarrant County College (TCC) does have a dedicated fleet of aircraft not shared with any other students.

The rest of the fleet is shared and we do give priority to students with check rides and stage checks. Every now and then we are slammed for maintenance and those without a check scheduled will get bumped. This happens at every flight school from time to time. We do not prioritize Chinese students over our domestic students, only by the type of flight. That said, 90%+ of our students are Chinese so when planes are tight, chances are that they will represent the majority of checks. Overall, we have very few flights year round cancel for lack of aircraft because we keep a number in reserve.