View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 04:37 PM
Pedro4President
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016

Originally Posted by jstanotherpilot View Post
Hey all,

I spent some time looking around the rest of the posts (there are so many) but I couldn't find all the answers to what I'm looking for. Hopefully someone on here can help out!

I'm already flying at another regional, yea yea I'm planning on doing the lateral move, oh well. Things aren't so great where I am now and I am interested in switching possibly to Envoy. So, that being said...

How probable is ORD out of training? What equipment flies out of ORD?
ORD has all equipment. It would be easy to get ORD out of training on your choice of equipment. (May not be able to get 175. Good chance though.)

LGA? Just 145. You could get this one too.

Does a new hire get a say in election to equipment? (I would obviously prefer the 175 or the 700) yes sorta. Pipeline guys pick first. Prior 121 by most 121 time. The age for everyone else.

Is the 21k bonus only offered with a 2 year commitment? Yes. 40k with more than 800 hours 121. (New program ask recruiter. Details aren't published yet. )

Is your min daily credit really 3.7/3.9? Would you say lines are pretty well built so you generally overblock your min daily credit? No min day credit. DFW daily credit avg is 4ish. Mia/LGA is 5ish

Average credit for junior-ish lineholders? 75-82 Days off? 11-12

Junior manning?

Not much going on now. History of rampant JM.

What does deadheading pay at? 75%

Is dropping, swapping, trading, etc do-able? At my current company it's impossible to drop anything ever for instance.
Dropping = NO. Trade= yes

Aside from all bonuses, what is 1st year FO pay? 2nd year? (how bad of a paycut is it basically?)

Base pay increases a few dollars and bonus kicks in 2500 per quarter.

How is upgrade time realistically looking? Would that change if I already have around 800hrs of 121 time?

You will upgrade at 1000 hours. Likely LGA

Is this 3 month CA upgrade award a real thing?

It's likely to go to 3 weeks.

Average reserve time?
Varies from base to base. 6-12 weeks of flying reserve.

Commuting clause or policy?

Two attempts required to use CP.

I'm not familiar with the American benefits so I'm interested a little in how they work.

Is listing on 1st class free? (On United you have to pay additionally to list for 1st, for example.)

I hear listing is first come first serve REGARDLESS of seniority or if Mainline/Eagle. Is this true?

Buddy pass? Or adding "Friends" to benefits?

First class is free. 16 one way flights for friends. Spouse and parents get unlimited flights. EVERYONE at AAG is treated the same for flight benefits.

Anyways, thank you guys for taking the time to read and answer if you do. Also, if anybody wants a referral bonus feel free to send me a private message!
Answers in your post. ^^^^

Lots of really good questions.

I would end with some answers are fluid.

Good luck.