Old 10-09-2017, 11:24 AM
hindsight2020
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Center seat, doing loops to music

Originally Posted by SonicFlyer View Post
Always pre-nup
You say that, but it's not relevant. Pre-nups cannot deal with child custody issues. They are completely useless against that. The biggest source of remuneration to a hypergamous woman in a no-fault divorce state in 2017 is NOT alimony(spousal support) like people think, it's CHILD SUPPORT. They're de facto pension tables. We know this because at my net income level I cover shelter+food for my 2+1 family on less than what the state would want in child support for just one kid. You think a hypergamous woman is not aware of that? Lol I got a timeshare in Aleppo to sell ya. Fact remains, the State is full of it.

I have a pre-nup BTW. zero of it deals with child support. It legally can't. Now, with no kids? Sure, that's where the prenup helps if you're not cool with the default state contract of your particular state. In my case (TX), I wasn't cool with the whole 'community property state' garbage, so I had a prenup essentially nullifying the provisions of community property. It was never about shorting my future kid, which is why we agreed to it as a couple. But try offering that perspective to 99 out of 100 fiances and let me know how that goes. If my life was the Bible I'd be the Apostle Thomas. Don't say you love me, SHOW me you love me, right there in that de facto quit claim deed. Took me a swing and a miss to find one willing to walk the walk. Yeah buddy.... Good luck to us all out there.