View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 06:11 AM
Boogerface
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Originally Posted by Blackhawk View Post
Another 121 looking to make the side move. With some questions.
Looking at LGA base.
How long as an FO to get off reserve there? Shouldn't take long to get off reserve. Maybe a month or two at most.

I have well over 1000 hours 121, but don't need the PIC time so looking to stay FO until I can hold a line as a captain and figure out the Envoy way of doing things. Are they junior manning to left seat at LGA? The are not "junior manning" to the left seat. There is talk of DISPLACING to the left seat, but as of yet we don't know if that's actually going to happen or not.

This may be a question for a different thread and I'm sure there are "detailed discussions" of this question on other threads. I'll probably regret asking this one, but is there a long-term plan to merge PSA/Envoy? Or does it seem the AAL plan is to keep them apart and play them off against each other? Rumors of a merger happening in the not-too-distant future, but as of now, no indication from management of either airline or union of this becoming a reality. In terms of AAL "playing us off one another", they really can't afford to do that given the hiring problems all wholly-owneds are having right now.
Answered above.

If I were you, I'd take the extra 20k and go straight to the left seat. If you want to minimize reserve from the left seat, do LGA or MIA 145.