Old 10-12-2017, 11:50 AM
jonnyjetprop
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005

My divorce decree stated that I would provide a schedule for visitation before the first of the month. My ex was allowed to ask for certain days for me to try to bid off. I would then make a best effort to bid those days off. I was awarded the minimum days off under the pilot contract at the time. So I got visitation 12 days each month. If I got more days off than 12, she got to pick what 12 I got, except that I had to get 2 weekends with the kids.

My ex-wife hated this for 15 years and fought me tooth and nail. However, the court consistently ruled that I was working for the same company when the children were conceived and therefore she got what she should have expected.

The one really big thing that I got was I offered that she got to choose where the kids lived. However, once she made that decision, she couldn't move without court approval. It stopped her from moving around and using the fact I could travel for free to visit. I have many horror stories from pilots chasing their kids around the country. This was worth any financial considerations it may have cost.