View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 06:04 PM
Pilatus801
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017
Position: Family guy

I am in a mid life career crisis mode and looking to change. I went and got my first class medical and I'm currently working on my instrument rating and CPL. While i was getting my first class medical the doctor performing the exam got chatty and we talked for probably 30 minutes about medicine and aviation. He told me he had just given a 1st class medical to a physician who was also a radiologist. I believe he said his age was 55. The doctor went on to say that the radiologist got so sick and tired of medicine, he couldnt take it anymore. He was reading insane amounts of x-rays, MRIs and CT scans and he simply grew tired of the grind. This particular physician purchased a fairly affordable light twin aircraft and just flew the hell out of it, racking up his 1,500 hours within a year or so, went to Skywest and got hired right away. That may be a good path to consider. Get some training, buy a plane and build some time. I am sure you are making killer money and have the means to do whatever you want. Go for it!!