Thread: Swift air
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2017, 10:11 AM
mexipilot84
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: Gear Handle supervisor

Originally Posted by Braniff DC8 View Post
New hire FOs are being upgraded to Captain while senior FOs are waiting. The new hire FOs are being told to "not say anything". This is in addition to Captains being hired off the street. This would upset me if I was a 2-4 year FO waiting to upgrade and the airline is being sneaky about it.

Apparently, flight attendants are being told to help recruit pilots. A F/A class was recently visited by management and told "we are looking for pilots so if you know anyone"!

Dude where the hell are you getting your information? They're done hiring street captains the last one was in the September class, they only hired 16.

2 FOs in upg training right now, one has been here over 3 years the other a little over a year. More are coming but we need the FOs to fill the ranks. The last couple of street captains are finishing OE as we speak. 2 eastern pilots are done and on the line as captains in MIA.

September only had 2 in class so where this special upgrade you speak of if garbage. One was the last captain.

We have a lot of new FAs hires recently and CP met with them as well and said if you know former co-workers interested in coming to swift to pass the word. Aviation is word of mouth! And thanks to a new FA who made a Facebook post on an aviation page we have received a stack of resumes from social media. So we're very thankful on her efforts.

People if you want information on swift please get it from a genuine source. Braniff is not employee here as he never even flew or made it to the line. I will be glad to give you information and set you up for an interview if interested.
PM me and I'll send you my email so you can send your resume and questions.