Thread: Swift air
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2017, 08:42 AM
mexipilot84
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: Gear Handle supervisor

Originally Posted by Boats and Hos View Post
Stockholm syndrome is real. The airline is, always has been and always will be, a bottom feeder. Trying to sell icebergs to eskimos you idiots.

So you want to make it personal, ok. You keep telling everyone it’s a great place but people keep quitting, why? Cause it sucks. Sad you say because somebody isn’t drinking the kool aid in Guyana. You’re a bunch of fools and are only there because no one else wants you!

Yes, keep slinging that gear like the dogs you are in some old clapped out 737.

I was trying to keep it clean but am used to being in the sewers with Rats.

BRING IT

I don't think anyone came here and said it was delta air lines by any means. It has worked for many of us as it has been able to provide an ideal quality of life that brought myself and others out of the regionals and/or night cargo. Many of us are here doing our best and working to the next best thing either getting PIC time, time in type etc.

We're not selling anything out of the norm, we've told y'all what it is around here. No smoke and mirrors. To everything there's a disclaimer and results will vary. Same thing at any regional. It's like telling someone "don't go to Mesa!" Even doing interviews we don't hide anything or make promises of filet mignon and 4lb lobster. This place either works for you as a place to hang your hat or it's just a place to reap the time and get the next best thing youre hunting for.

Attrition has been about 8 or so this year of line pilots gone to better places. Most of the recent resignations have been new hires not even making it on the line or getting something better before starting class. In the coming months we'll lose a handful to age 65.

It's not perfect, sucks being behind the power curve when you're this boeing acft in chicagos airspace and are not approved to do rnav and have to fly at 250 below 10 for 75 miles to squeeze you in sequence. It can be frustrating but I just sit there and get paid by the minute. Sometimes I wish the schedules were better when I've been on the road 14 days! Then sometimes I get a good balance of work and off days. Can training be frustrating here? Yes! There's a lot of self study and taking it upon yourself to study and be ready. I miss the old school house world where the resources and knowledge came from senior instructor pilots. Will that ever happen here? Who knows. If it does I'll probably be somewhere else by then.

Yeah these planes are old, but man these mechanics especially for us on VIP work their butt off to keep these things flying. It's like these guys live on this plane for days at a time as these things rarely sit, which is good, which means business is good, but doesn't always give the plane ample time to get the TLC it needs. If anything those guys deserve a raise, especially when they're out there cooking in the sun or freezing their gozongas in the Canadian winter. But you know what I will fly these old turds any day over the 800s we have. So I can definitely say many of us are glad we're not 800 qualified. I've flown old junky RJs in worse shape than these ole steamers, Boeing built these things tough!

Bottom feeders? That seems to be what mainline pilots call anyone whose not like them. I love that term from Navy or Air Force guys who have never flown in the regionals and just look down on everyone else. Charter, airline, 135, we all do the same thing. The gear comes up and it comes down! The difference is I'm not in and out of a hub all day long. Some hotels suck major donkey nuts and you're usually on your own making sure you're legal for legality, weather, flight releases etc. big airlines have expensive software to babysit everything we don't have.

Like I said you be the own judge of your decisions. If it doesn't work then walk away. I'm here for my reason so is everyone else. Least I know for the most part I work with a group of pilots in enjoy flying with and trust to be there when it hits the fan. Don't let people's bad experiences be your baseline! Make your own research and ask questions so you can make an educated decision.