View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 04:59 AM
AnotherWriter
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2016

Well, this thread is kind of off putting but I'm going to ask my questions anyway. I am having a hard time finding information about Atlas anyway. I would genuinely appreciate some real answers, I see you all are having contract woes. I haven't been doing this long enough to say I understand all of it, but if we can leave grief about that to the side for a moment.

I am an RJ driver in my early 20s, basically turned nomadic since starting at my current gig about 18 months ago. No serious commitments. Regularly spend 20+ days on the road anyway, doing 5 on, 2 off, 5 on, 3 off, 5 on etc. I like my current gig and will probably upgrade within the next 6 months anyway. So unless unforeseen circumstances, there is TPIC in my immediate future.

1. Schedules. Last I heard the 17 on/14 off went fair senior. Or is that how they all are, but rather gluing them together so you get 28 days off before restarting 34 days on rests more senior? Are there specific schedule benefits to driving the 767 rather than 747? 767 more junior perhaps?

2. Pay. How are you all paid? I see you've got min guarantee obviously and it looks like most guys work 75+ hours anyway. Any soft pay? Someone told me if you all get stranded at an out station for a couple days, they have to throw some money at you every day.

3. Home basing. How exactly does this work for you guys? It doesn't sound like its genuine home basing.

4. Other work rule things. Deadheads, any provisions about business class if X flight duration/crossing country lines? Can you collect reward points towards frequent flyer or hotel loyalty programs? Does scheduling like to abuse you/reflow you when you're on a trip? Baring IROP circumstances, are you pretty much for sure going to what is on your trip sheet and then run away to home?

Hopefully you don't view me as part of the problem - I am 100% looking to use Atlas as a stepping stone but I also think it would be great experience, be a lot of fun for a single guys in their early 20s, and if the economy goes sideways or we get into war with NK, I would probably rather be at Atlas than my current RJ gig.

Really appreciate anyone willing to give a thoughtful response. Just trying to make informed decisions.