View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 10:55 AM
geosync
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Trust me, just stay doing the radiologist thing and keep pulling in 400-500k for at lest the next 10 years. Pay off your debt, buy a Cessna 182 to learn and build time. Heck, get your CFI and teach on the side. Step up to something bigger if you can afford it. Around 50, once you've made enough to retire on, then think about it. I'm married to a EM doc and I saw what she went through(school and residency and of course OUR debt) to get there, don't throw that away just to fly planes for less money.

I wish I could remember where I saw this article, but it was by a retired surgeon that currently flies a Citation part 91 and loves it. Don't rule out that, airlines aren't the only flying to be had out there. The beauty of your situation is that you can still be a full time doc and fly on the side. Just don't quit your med career to start from the bottom in aviation. Yes money isn't everything, but for everybody it IS something at various points in life. Think 10-15 years down the line, get yourself a nice nest egg, which will take away an element of stress. You can have your ratings, hours under your belt, and money to retire on. THEN consider making a big move.

Last edited by geosync; 10-16-2017 at 11:22 AM.