View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 08:53 PM
JamesNoBrakes
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2011
Position: Volleyball Player

Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post
Do the pilots/crews not believe there is a need for airborne interdiction?
That might be as simple as disagreeing with where the resources are placed and how they are used. Sometimes management fails to execute the mission or places unreasonable obstacles to completing it, or there aren't the resources to complete it. I'd have to imagine as drones get more commonly used (no fear of losing an asset other than the drone) it will change many of the factors at play. I think already flying an airplane low over the border is probably not the preferred way to get drugs in, most just load them up in cars and trucks and take them right past the checkpoint. Interdiction is definitely needed for fast movers, boats, etc., but as surveillance technology gets better, those will probably be utilized less and the more effective smuggling operations (tunnels, freaking catapults, drones, cars, mules, etc.) are probably maximized. If this is the case, then I think you might question how the mission is executed at the least, if it's not flexible to meet the changing environment.

I'm curious as well though to know what was meant by that.