View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 11:09 AM
captainv
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: Knuckle-dragging line pilot

Originally Posted by AnotherWriter View Post

1. Schedules. Last I heard the 17 on/14 off went fair senior. Or is that how they all are, but rather gluing them together so you get 28 days off before restarting 34 days on rests more senior? Are there specific schedule benefits to driving the 767 rather than 747? 767 more junior perhaps?

2. Pay. How are you all paid? I see you've got min guarantee obviously and it looks like most guys work 75+ hours anyway. Any soft pay? Someone told me if you all get stranded at an out station for a couple days, they have to throw some money at you every day.

3. Home basing. How exactly does this work for you guys? It doesn't sound like its genuine home basing.

4. Other work rule things. Deadheads, any provisions about business class if X flight duration/crossing country lines? Can you collect reward points towards frequent flyer or hotel loyalty programs? Does scheduling like to abuse you/reflow you when you're on a trip? Baring IROP circumstances, are you pretty much for sure going to what is on your trip sheet and then run away to home?
1. Schedules are all over the place. Depends heavily on base & equipment. 30 or 60-day lines. More split lines than 17-day patterns. Benefits of 767? Lots more domestic flying, but it's night turns out of CVG.

2. You get paid what you do, not what you bid. While i was senior on the 767, I averaged 72 hours/month. 747 pays more, and you will make more than a regional FO, but it took a classmate of mine 5+ years and 747 CA Pay to exceed what he made at Skywest as a CA.

3. It is not home basing. They want you to arrive in base at least 10 hours prior on every trip although there is no FAR requirement for it. 60-day lines can have up to 5 pairings. Depending on where you live/are based, you might give up a bit of your days off to get into position.

4. Biz or better on international DHs. You get the points. More of a factor on the 747 than the 767. 747 skeds change all the time, less so on 767 cargo runs. For 767 AMX pax flying (senior), the only constant is change. There is no trip/bid pay protection, so the most senior pilot can bid a high value line, and then get sent home early whenever the company feels like it.

Should you decide to come here without PIC, Atlas will snap you up because you'll be much less likely to leave any time soon.