View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 05:33 PM
pilotdds
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2016

Originally Posted by Fliestoomuch310 View Post
Hello. First time poster, long time lurker.

I am a 33 year old Radiologist. However, since about the age of 6, I wanted to be an airline pilot. I just got sidetracked.

On a whim, I applied to the JetBlue candidate program and was slected for the assessment (I think that most people are selected for the $160 testing fee. As a doc, my scepticism of getting fleeced with educational testing is pretty high). Is this program the best way to go or is there a better path?

Hypothetically, is it even worth thinking about this switch? I know there are a bunch of negatives to the career, but I can still have my backup job if things don’t workout.

Also, are most pilots in training able to hold a second job outside of flight instructor (or maybe even in more senior roles) or is training/working so all-consumig it’s impossible. My job can be done remotely and in off hours. It would, financially speaking, make things a bit easier.

Please feel free to slap as much reality into my head as possible.
Wow, 33 year old dentist here. Own my own practice. Considering bringing on a partner to free up time to persue a career in aviation. Looking forward to seeing where this thread goes..