View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 03:33 AM
Ifly4u2c
Always on vacation

Joined APC: Jan 2015
Position: CFII/MEI

ATP flight school is a puppy mill. They have a fixed cost ( if you can make it, otherwise, the price will increase rapidly, until you no longer can afford it, then they will kick you out.), but if you have endless cash to spend you will be a pilot ( or not ) because they love to suck you dry.
the plus side of ATP is the new fleet, the downside is the lack of true motivation from 80% to 90% of CFIs ( other than your flight time ), due to their well below average pay, on top of being a '1099'.

I am a former student and CFI for them, and let me tell you, I graduated in 6 months in 2013, my cost was approx. $500 above advertised ( extra few C172 hours) worked for them for 1 year and 4 months, made $16000 my first year (2014). I regret staying there so long, focused on their propaganda, about "airline interviews" and "no one flies more than them" which are 2 big LIES. Flew 3 months to USAA in Denton, TX and i had a blast, nice people, made me feel at home away from home, lots of flight time 250 hours in 3 month, weekends off, and really good money.

these are my 2 cents.

good luck