Thread: MCI?
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 07:09 AM
KCaviator
Currently Furloughed

Joined APC: Mar 2014
Position: C172 Captain

Originally Posted by Mundergun View Post
Hello all. I was looking at finally putting in an App to republic. I would be attempting to get MCI and eventually a line there as quick as possible because it’s about a 3 hour drive to that base for me. That’s about as convienent as I can make it at any regional from where I live currently. I was curious as to how likely it would be to get MCI as a new hire? If it’s a more senior base (which i feel like is the case) how long/difficult to get MCI and then how long after that to actually getting a line? Thanks
A recent new hire was just awarded MCI while still in training, so it is possible to do. But, with that being said, that may not be the case for you. As with any base, things are fluid and depends solely on base needs at the current point in time. Personally, I was in LGA for 2 months before being awarded MCI.

Same goes for holding a line; it’s constantly changing. It took me over a year to hold a line in MCI, but it looks like recently that has been reduced significantly. You’re probably looking at around 6 months currently.

As for how senior of a base it is, MCI is now less senior than MIA, PIT, IND, and ORD. A year ago it was one of the most senior bases. So it’s basically right in the middle of our bases in regards to seniority for FOs. Again, this changes every month based on company needs.

Good luck!