Thread: Envoy
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 05:51 AM
pilotguy7
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2017
Position: SW4

Originally Posted by 3GreenKSNA View Post
We offer a good product and have the performance numbers to show it. Movement is faster here now then it ever has been before. You can count your reserve time on months instead of years. Heck upgrade as fast as you like depending on your experience. We are the primary wo carrier for American and are getting as much flying thrown at us as we can handle.

As the market for pilots becomes more and more competitive so to will the offers from companies. As soon as the number of incoming applications slows down Envoy will react with sweetening the pot. The endeavor factor will be a very interesting to see play out.

Some mgmt is well aware of this being a "pilots" market willing to throw around large sums of money. Others are still stuck in days gone by. The forced upgrade is a blessing and a curse depending on your personal needs and expectations. Single mobile guy = awesome. If you are a well entrenched express jet refugee that lives in one of our Dallas only stations and have kids in kindergarten, 2nd and 4th grade and 3000 hours of 121 PIC but no STS shuttle time and no calls from Delta you are rather screwed. Unless you want to be junior captain for eons in LGA you are SOL. If that's not a problem then who cares.

The ship has by no means sailed. But depending on your expectations and experience it may have cast it's lines. If a steady stream of 121 refugees continue to work there way in then the forced upgreades become irrelevant as there will be a steady stream of recently awarded junior captains below you.

It's important to point out all flow numbers have been quoted on all on the seniority list exclusively flowing to AA and AA continuing to hire at their normal historical rate. Common sense says neither will be true and may negate each other. A percentage of pilots at Envoy which remains to be seen will get hired and move onto other airlines. There isn't a way to predict this but I recall 15 a month being a number thrown around a year ago. As FedEx, Delta, Etc ramp up those numbers may shift. If those guys see more early retkrments it will impact our numbers. No one can really predict what will happen.

In summary the timing could not be better. It's a pilots market and everyone needs to remember that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Thank you. . this is a very good and honest write up! On 9E, they were an AWESOME place to work, but the "delta elite" scared me. Heck, when our chief pilot had the 3 times, "thanks but no thanks", who am I to think I could get in!!!???!! I like the idea of at least some sort of a flow.... so much better, than put in your time, wait, wait, wait, . . . interview. . . "and uh NO!!! Go back to flying for us, but dont make our money!"