Thread: Envoy
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 05:04 AM
chrisreedrules
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2012
Position: CRJ FO

Originally Posted by Reserve King View Post
Flow is not guaranteed to be there in a year, two years, five years. It’s a nice idea and maybe a bonus, but I wouldn’t put my eggs in that basket.

I think someone else said it best, “if you’re flowing in 8 years, you’re doing it wrong.” That being said, there’s nothing wrong with making a career at a regional. For some, it makes more sense and is a better fit.

I’m not one of those people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
While that may be true, there is absolutely no reason for AA to stop the flow. It makes financial sense. Take your highest paid regional CAs and move them to the bottom of the mainline seniority list keeping costs down at the regional... Remaining positions open in classes are mostly military who bring their own health insurance with them. The flow saves AA literally tens of millions of dollars when you look at that cost spread out over time. It’s actually a really smart idea. I personally think that Delta will move towards an actual flow with Endeavor and I know UA has some contractual issues keeping them from outright owning a regional but I think they are going to have to make changes in that regard as well...