Old 11-10-2017, 02:39 PM
Fly507
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Originally Posted by Lvflying View Post
I want to thank everyone for their input. It is a certainly a big decision and I appreciate the different points of view.

While there are many different things we look for, I think given the chance, many would potentially take a job with a good company and QOL like the one “Falcondrivr” has. Those jobs unfortunately (for those searching) have a very low turnover rate. Even on what seems to be a descent (but not fortune…anything) company at first glance, I’m finding that having a family, the potential for earnings over the long-term, retirement and travel benefits with the airlines are weighing much higher than I previously thought. While commuting is not high on my list of priorities, those other factors are making me lean away from the part 91 world to try my hand at the 121 world. Could be a false sense of security but hopefully, it will pay in the end.
You can always go back. If you go to 121 now you'll HAVE to retire by the time you're 65. But if at that point you want to keep flying, and still feel in good shape, got your medical, etc. You can get yourself a part 91 job. Lots of companies look for the grey hair and 20k hours of experience to fly around the owner, CEO, CFO, and important clients. It is easier to go from 121 to 91 than the other way around. I was in your shoes a couple of years ago, decided to go 121 and build some jet time, eventually part 121 jet PIC time, and then figure out if I want to stay with the airlines or go Corporate.

Surely having jet PIC time, won't hurt if you're looking to fly a King Air, Citation, Challenger, Gulfstream, etc.