Thread: Bose headset
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2017, 09:45 AM
Arado 234
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Exclamation

I used the Bose X for many many years, I probably put 5000hrs on it. I found the Bus to be fairly quiet, so I changed it for the in-ear thingy. It's smaller, compact and at FL180 it comes out.

Regarding your question, it *should* be all the same standard. Worst case, waste your time writing Bose and/or Airbus customer support. It could be Ohm related, so you may wanna research the tech data of the original Airbus headset (old vs new).

(It amuses me to watch some guys wear the headset all the way to cruise or even longer.)

Edit:

this might help:

(from Wikipedia)

Commercial and general aviation (GA) civil airplane headset plugs are similar, but not identical. A standard  1⁄4 in monaural plug, type PJ-055, is used for headphones, paired with special tip-ring-sleeve, 0.206 inch diameter plug, type PJ-068, for the microphone. On the microphone plug the Ring is used for the microphone 'hot' and the sleeve is common or microphone 'Lo'. The extra (tip) connection in the microphone plug is often left unconnected but is also sometimes used for various functions, most commonly an optional push-to-talk switch, but on some aircraft it carries headphone audio and on others a DC supply.