View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 06:19 PM
TommyDevito
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2017

Originally Posted by Aviationluver View Post
Hello,

I've studied the law on my own for a few years. I've never gone to law school.

Based on what I've seen and heard in regards to the FAA, I have a lot of questions because it doesn't appear as if the FAA follows the law.

For example, due process. The FAA seems to "charge" people without evidence or due process. It appears that the initiation of some type of suspension or jeopardy action comes in the form of a letter which is usually an administrative order written by an FAA attorney and not a judge. I always thought judges issued orders and not attorneys.

It appears as if you are guilty and must prove yourself innocent.

Has anyone fought the FAA or any other administrations? If so, what course of action do you use?

Also, let's say the FAA accuses you of something and your employer places you on unpaid leave pending the outcome of the FAA actions. During that time, you are losing money. Has anyone sued the FAA for loss of income if the FAA prevents you working?

Just curious.
Go study the difference between criminal law, civil law and administrative law. The FAA falls under administrative law as do many government agencies.

Once you understand the concept of administrative law then evaluate your questions to fit in the framework given. It will be much clearer.

Here is a start: Chapter 3