View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 05:35 PM
Arliss
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2016

Originally Posted by 1337pilot View Post
DL mainline and FAs usually stay at different places, unless it's the smaller cities. Their FAs get places like ours, their pilots get nicer places. The smaller markets they might be together, but it still isn't some of the dumps we stay in. FA is not a skilled position, most of these NYC ones were probably shorting people a full carton of fries at McDonalds a couple months ago, now they're FAs complaining that we're gonna get paid too much and that they should get more, and calling up every two minutes in cruise complaining that it's too cold in back.
Not actually true. Maybe in the past but not anymore. DAL mainline pilots and FAs stay at the same hotels, but the FAs have a different time trigger for going downtown (15 hours vs I think 12 for the pilots, except for NYC which was I think 14:30). Aside from that, exact same hotels. I rode the van many many times with pilots. I don't ever recall a situation where we went to different hotels for the same (long or short) overnight.

At mainline most of the people I worked with were college educated. Lots of very great and professional people from a whole myriad of different background. Regional FAs...that's a different story, though I've met some quality ones.