Thread: FedEx Schedules
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 03:55 PM
KC10 FATboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Legacy FO

Originally Posted by Sluggo_63 View Post
Slight correction/explanation to what KC-10 said.

The Reserve periods (in Memphis) are:
RP-A: 01:30-13:30
RP-B: 13:30-01:30

The call out is 1+30 prior to that, which gives you a phone availability from 00:00-12:00, etc.

There is also an RP-A+, and RP-B+, which are halfway between RP-A & B.
Thank you. Yes, very good point.

Originally Posted by MEMA300 View Post
Call out is 1+30 if there is an active airport standby. If there is no active airport standby the call out is 1 hour with short call parking meaning don't have to park in distant long term lot with a bus ride with stuff springs.

Wish we had short call long call.
Ha, I never know why the !+30 was reducible to 1+00. You're always learning with this job. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Adlerdriver View Post
Also, regarding the time on the ground in MEM during day or night hub turns. You’re not “on duty” by any stretch of the imagination. You’re in domicile, your trip is over, you’re off the pay clock and not accruing any per diem. What I think he meant to convey is the time you spend turning in MEM counts toward you total duty because it’s not long enough to constitute a legal rest period.

My theory on the “rhyme or reason” of weekend layovers versus deadheads is simple dollars and cents. If it’s cheaper to deadhead a crew out on Fri/Sat and deadhead another in Mon rather that pay two pilots for the layover plus per diem, then the bean counters make the call.
Thanks for that clarification. Your duty day is still going but yes you are off duty. That's what I was trying to convey in that you can't go grab a beer etc.etc., but you can go home, eat, sleep, workout, anything really except something that would make you unfit to go fly.

I left out the schedules for the 767, MD, and Airbus but really I don't think they're all that different. Hub turns are hub turns, days or nights. Long haul is long haul. Then there are the see America trips with longer layovers or coast to coast point to point flying.