View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 01:33 PM
mike sierra
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015

Originally Posted by WhiteMorpheus View Post
New hires get whatever is most junior. In conjunction with each class, enough openings are announced for all the new hires. The vacancies for a class are split between most of the domiciles, sometimes one will have no vacancies. These vacancies are offered to all FOs, so if a senior person wants to switch to a base that's offered they will get it. For this reason, often much of a class will be initially awarded Dayton. My class this summer had a balance of DAY, CVG, TYS, and DCA initial awards, but I don't think anyone was awarded CLT on our first bid. When the bid for the following class came out several of my class were awarded CLT. As long as the award is published before you finish sims you should do IOE in the awarded base, otherwise you will do IOE in your initial/current base and wait until the award effective date to start in the newly awarded base.

I did all of my IOE trips with LCAs at my base, but was scheduled for one trip with an LCA out of a different base which ended up being cancelled.

Thank you sir