Old 12-04-2017, 01:29 PM
FrankTheTank
Fill'er Up Again

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: Scarebus Captain

Thanks for the clarification.
Originally Posted by TonyC View Post
Nope.

Your memory is failing you, on several counts. (It's the price we pay for getting older. )

The famous poll was commissioned by the ALPA National President's Blue Ribbon Committee to study the effects of regulated age change. Our own Scott Stratton was the committee's R&I expert. Our MEC had nothing to do with the poll, and I wasn't on the MEC at that time.

Any member of the MEC, whether member or officer, who claims to make decisions contrary to the will of the membership because he/she claims to be smarter than the membership deserves to be recalled, but that was never the issue in the last three recalls.

However, we expect those same people to be better informed than the general membership for a number of reasons. For one, it's their JOB to be informed. For another thing, they often have access to more sources of information, sometimes sources only available to them because they have signed non-disclosure agreements.

So, better informed, maybe, but not necessarily smarter.

From the perspective of a member, it's sometimes hard to distinguish the difference.

But I agree with you about the smell of things.