Thread: Fedex Interview
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 08:15 AM
NoHaz
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2007
Position: let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Originally Posted by middies10 View Post
Im going to play devils advocate here and suggest avoiding EC and all HR prep. Don't go into that interview having molded yourself into an EC poster child. Having recently interviewed I was surprised by the nature of the panel interview. First thing they said was to be yourself and throw all that EC stuff out the window. It was an enjoyable conversation. These interviewers are getting tired of canned responses and the same stories garnered from a HR prep service. If you have some stories from your career and are a decent speaker you'd do just fine.
I disagree. Having some prep will make you more comfortable and I'm sure you are smart enough not to blurt out canned EC answers but tailor the prep for you.

Also, the interviewers may claim they don't like prep but in some respects it shows you are serious about the job. Much like a sim when you show a bit gouged up. If you don't appear to have the gouge it leaves the instructor wondering a: why doesn't this guy have the gouge or b: does he have the gouge and didn't even bother to look at it.

So I'd recommend at least enough prep that you are comfortable and the process doesn't surprise you.