View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 08:52 AM
Globemaster2827
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by BYOB View Post
^^^^
This is the truth. In my opinion the best catering we receive is catering out of Germany. HKG ranks right up there as the worst, along with anywhere else in China. IF you come here you’ll quickly learn (because 90% of your work life will be spent in Asia if you’re on the 747) what is good and what isn’t. For instance, crews are known for stopping at Popeyes in the terminal in HKG to buy their own food. Burgers in the catering out of ICN aren’t bad....but they aren’t great either. It’s just that they are the best thing that is catered out of ICN.

Forget the catering out of PVG, SZX, and anywhere else in China. You have to be starving to find it edible.

ANC catering isn’t bad, some complain about it but I don’t mind it personally. The problem is if you’re ANC based the company will go out of their way to keep you from touching your base until the end of your pattern because there is a good chance you will be owed heavy crew rest and be useless to them. But if they can keep you from touching base, then they can keep you moving and not having to pay you CRT while you sit useless to them in base.
As a rule of thumb with Catering... Any large passenger airport where the company can find things dirt cheap will have catering so bad that I recommend not eating it if you can. Any where off line like HSV, TAR, ANC, HHN... etc or the Middle East will have better catering. Just an opinion and a way to keep yourself safe if on first year. I understand that for someone who's been taking home $1100 a month for two months you need all the free food you can but be very careful with trying to live off the catering.