View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 04:16 AM
crewdawg
Super Moderator

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Yo Gents, mentoring the son of a family friend, and was wondering if I could get some insight into the operation at NetJets. When I was in college, I was dead set on never going to the airlines and NetJets was my goal (after a few years as a starchecker)...well neither happened as I went off the military and now I'm an airline guy. Figures...

Anyway, I understand the basics of the fractional business but some info on the pilot life would be greatly appreciated. I want to pass some good gouge and not just how awesome the airlines are (right now...).

Bases...I see the list of bases. Are certain jets paired by bases or are the bases just locations they'll allow you to start/end trips? I assume mostly air lining to wherever the jet is located?

Bidding...is it based on everyone in your seat/aircraft in the company or just your base?

Pay...I seem to remember that guys say you can expect to make ~10% over the published rates, does that still hold true?

Schedules...I get the 7/7 but what are the other schedules? Can anyone get them or are they limited/have to bid for them? Are they more like an airline schedule where you bid for particular days off, over the 4 month period?

Any other insight into the operation you think would be pertinent would be appreciated. Thanks guys!