View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 05:40 PM
Burton78
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2012
Position: 737 CA
Default HELP! SWA or Current gig?

Originally Posted by BB818 View Post
I live in southern NH. My goal is to commute to BWI which, is one of the easiest commutes in the airline world.....but it's still a commute. I've read that the ave at SWA is 100 per month. How realistic is 110 or even 120hours conversion per months as a commuter?

What's most important to you? Money? Time off? Flexibility in schedule manipulation? Would you ever consider moving to a base? Are you confident you'll be at your current gig making 300K for the next 20+ years? These are all things that only you can answer for yourself.

Just another data point; I'm a commuter and I refuse to work more than to 14-15 days a month. I'd consider myself pretty middle of the road as far as monthly credit and I'm looking at around 175 as a 3rd year FO with a few months 4th year pay at the tail end (and that's considerably less than many friends I have hired in the same time frame I did if you're concerned about money). Next year I'd estimate an extra 20K if I credit the same. This is all excluding profit sharing and B fund contribution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk