View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 10:18 AM
Iceberg
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by Space Ranger View Post
I sure hope this petty hourly wage earner attitude is succinctly a “regional thing.” How some can claim to be professionals and argue they deserve “mainline pay” yet, still encourage a mass grievance filing to task saturate the union and take them away from trying to remedy issues that actually matter, is foolish. Your company just passed a new TA, you’re less than 24 hours away in paid more than anyone in the regional industry, how about you lighten up Francis.

As far as I’m concerned they can push the implementation of the 12 days off as long as they want if it means more time without the codomicile...which transportation from base to base still hasn’t been figured out btw.

I’m all about being paid for the work I do but if you’re actually filling a grievance over that you need to re-evaluate some things. Realize that we voted on this thing not more than 2 months ago. Act like, or at least try your very best to be a professional.
Its not a petty wage earner thing. It’s a contract thing. The company reps signed and the union reps signed. Now it needs to be honored. The grievance can be a group deal just like it was with the goat rodeo that was made out of reserve transparency. It’s not an unnecessary time waster for the union. It’s upholding the contract. Just like you would want if they made an error and didn’t pay you min day or any other contractual clause. What contract violation would be “too far” for you?