View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 02:10 PM
N636DL
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Default NetJets Interview...SIC Time Logged

I have a question for those who have gone through the NetJets interview process regarding their SIC time. As we all know, in a part 91 operation when one is flying right seat in a King Air or Citation CJ1, CJ2 or any other aircraft that requires just one pilot onboard, when it comes to logging that SIC time, that can be a very, very grey area. Technically, the regs state that SIC time can only be logged in aircraft that require two pilots, the SIC has an SIC type rating, or if the operation under which the flight is being conducted requires two pilots to be on board at all times (part 135 operation certificate etc). (As I understand it part 91 insurance requirements aren't considered "operational requirements" in the eyes of the FAA since part 91 operators do not have an operation certificate?)
I work for a management company that flies under part 91. I have a considerable amount of SIC time in the King Air's and CJ1 and CJ2, and am looking to go to NetJets when I meet the mins. The Capt's I fly with are not single pilot typed in the airplane, so technically I am required to be there, and regardless if they are single pilot typed or not, our insurance company requires my prescence, I am current in the aircraft in terms of training and landings, however I've read in many forums etc that regardless of all of that, my time as an SIC is not loggable time.
My question is, is NetJets really going to turn away someone who meets their min's, has 3+ years with corporate experience and dealing with passengers needs and wants simply because a chunk of the applicant's time was logged as SIC in a King Air or CJ under part 91? I know that the NetJets application has a huge time grid, and the issue would probably be weeded out at that point, however in all seriousness, is that SIC time I've logged up for scrutiny by an interviewer? Thanks for the opinions and advice from this question!