Thread: Credit Cards
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 05:11 PM
Typhoonpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2005
Position: tri current

You did not qualify this as airline pilot or corporate pilot. Spending patterns can vary greatly making the choices different. As do travel habits of various airline and corporate jobs.

Chase Sapphire Reserve would easily be number 1 for the Priority Pass Select lounge benefit. Costs $150/year after $300 annual travel credit. Also has great car rental coverage. Was better at the intro with a 100,000 point UR bonus. Maybe wait until the bonus offer comes up a little from it's current level.

My list also includes:

American Express Platinum - Centurion Lounge and 5 X MR on airline tickets. If you use the $200 Uber credit and $200 airline credit costs $150/year. Also gives you Hilton Gold and SPG Gold (thus Marriott Gold) status. Can sometimes get a 100,000 MR bonus offer so worth waiting for that to come around.

Chase Ink (not available any longer). Good only if you know how to work the office store spending category bonus. I can clock 10,000 URs/month pretty easily with this card.

Chase Marriott card - the free annual night pays for the card itself plus the 15 night credit helps keep Marriott Platinum within reach each year.

Chase IHG card - another one with a free annual night and status attached.

I have more, but all are targeted for specific reasons. I keep my original Amex Delta Gold Skymiles card for length of credit reasons. Citi and Barclay cards get rotated for earning AA miles. B of A Alaska cards also get rotated for earning Alaska miles.