Old 10-19-2007, 07:20 PM
XSive
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Originally Posted by bla bla bla View Post
Good for you guys!

Looks like that evil union has really thrown a whole monkey wrench into your operation. lol... I talked with one of your union guys a few months back and he relayed how management wanted to get the ont flying ASAP, they went to the union who had a vote, and within one week they were operational.

"]"During the quarter, Express Jet added non-stop routes between El Paso and Tucson as well as Bakersfield and Sacramento in its Express Jet operation and, earlier this month, announced that it will add three new airports, Long Beach, Santa Barbara and Reno-Tahoe, to its Express Jet operation as part of a larger schedule change that will take effect on November 11. The schedule updates are intended to broaden the scope of operations of the branded network, better matching frequencies with customer demand. The original April launch had 42 lines of flight, 24 cities served and 57 market pairs while the new schedule will have 36 lines of flight, 25 cities served and 65 market pairs.

Two to four aircraft removed from the Express Jet Airlines system effective November 11 will be used in a short-term agreement with Frontier Airlines, Inc. Express Jet Corporate Aviation will begin flying for Frontier November 15 from Denver to Billings, Wichita, Rapid City, Albuquerque, El Paso, and Oklahoma City to help cover routes planned for service via Lynx Aviation. The agreement is scheduled to end in January 2008. Express Jet will also transition three additional aircraft to the Delta pro-rate agreement, for a total of 11 aircraft flying under that agreement, effective December 17."

Don’t think for a second that a union will hamper your growth. You still get the expansion but at your terms, i.e. you can vote it down if they want you to fly 70 seat aircraft for 50 seat pay. Oh, and don’t think for a second that management will just give up on growth because you were not willing to fly 70 seat aircraft for 50 seat pay. Their job is to expand the company and increase share holder value, it they can’t do it they are replaced.
Huh? dude you lost me somewhere