View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 04:07 PM
Sliceback
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Window seat

Originally Posted by SEPfield View Post
Is that 82-85hrs Block or Credit? EK is block, no such thing as credit.
Most EK pilots on the 777 right now would be ecstatic about an 82-85hr line with no turn arounds.

What’s their minimum days off? I’m sure more than 8
How much credit is a day of leave worth? More than zero?
How much credit is a day of training worth? More than zero?
Have those companies ever required a pilot to attend a sleep study because they called in fatigued?
How about undergoing alcohol cdt testing?
It's all assigned duty. Including DHD, etc. Long haul is almost 100% flying and DHD is a very small amount of the monthly flying.
The limit is typically 92-100+. Schedules avg 82 hrs year round.

Minimum days off isn't a factor. 100 hr month had 9 days off. Pickup was voluntary. 85 hrs would have been at least 12 days off.

Vacation gets credited at 3:40 per day. So a week's vacation would pay 25:40 and you'd be limited to flying 64 hrs(+/-) and system wide the average would be 57 hrs or less. Two weeks pays 51:20 and you'd fly 32-39 hrs. You can also extend your vacation, unpaid for four additional days. So each stand alone week of vacation can actually be 11 days. If you bid vacations at the end, or beginning, of a month you can get another 3-8 days in the adjacent month. So 2 to 2.5 weeks can be the expected break with careful placement of single week vacations.

Training is 4:00. Credit of 2:45. So five days of training is worth 20 hrs of pay but only 13:45 applies to the monthly limit if you want to pick up more.(I hope I didn't screw that explanation up)

Mandatory sleep study? Not that I know of.

Not sure what 'alcohol cdt training' is.