View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 03:07 PM
2cylinderdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006

Originally Posted by XJGuy View Post
Quick question for you contract gurus:

I have R 24 in November and a warm up/PC. My R24 line carries over into December with a block of R days from November 27th to December 8th.

I know if I bid training in the middle of R days, it drops the whole block of R days:

Section 25. c. 11. f. ii. (page 220)
“If the pilot’s recurrent training splits a block of R-days, then the entire
block shall be dropped as a phase-in conflict and the pilot shall not be
responsible for any of the R-days in that block.”

Question:

If I bid a November 29 or 30 training date, will it also drop my carryover days in the December bid month? (Will it drop December 3 through December 8 even though it’s the next bid month?)

Thanks in advance for any help!

XJGuy
Good question, I would call Monday and ask futures to be sure. I would say it will drop the entire block. I have read nothing in the CBA that says carryover days are treated any different on the training bids.

This was another big giveback in my opinion. Bidding for recurrent has turned into a boon for the Company, almost everyone is training on days off now. The old method was much better for R lines especially. The only plus is being able to conflict a large trip or block of R days if you want time off and they are short manned (not likely in the near future) or during our next CBA talks we can really open up lots of trips this way, wait I am dreaming again ! Back to our regularly scheduled program.